New Dev Blog / Live Upcoming Patch Notes (0.9.4)
Well, as a few of you probably know, I've been posting live patch notes (AKA as I do the work) on the forums for some time now. I'm moving these posts into the front page of the website, with other insights etc, to hopefully create a Dev Blog of sorts.
As most of you know, the Greenlight is in full-swing, and we're doing pretty well overall Our challenge is getting across how Lightrise is different than a typical arena FPS, and just how different it is, because at first glance, it's probably somewhat difficult to see. We probably need some better materials as far as that goes, and we're working on it. We could also benefit from you guys, making videos, streaming and spreading the word to more people who could and would appreciate this sort of game.
Obviously a big part of that is social these days - it's never been more important to follow us on facebook and twitter! As much as I hate it, marketing is king in the gaming business. The links are on the side of this page. And of course, if you haven't yet, vote for us on greenlight!
- Increased arrow speed 13%
- Made arrow trail much more visible
- Increased fireball cooldown 50%
- Improved projectile visual for Nor'Easter
- Added WaterBurst spell
- Fixed bug with Rest sound cutting out if too many people rested at once
- Remedied a network issue involving characters bumping into each other and how that was handled
- Updated dirtball sounds
- Added ThickSkin skill
- Decreased strafe speed by 25%
- Added Blood Drain skill
- Reworked blocking animations
- Added shield avatar group
- Reworked blocking mechanic:
- back damage will no longer be blocked
- Varying damage modifiers depending on which weapon you have out - sword/board > 2h > staff > bow
- Fixed damage on melee differing between giver/taker
- Fixed lightning ball sometimes registering front/back in same spot over multiple shots
- Fixed various animations (still more to come)