Dev Blog 5/4
This week I'll probably hit some more skills, and maybe a new game mode depending how time permits.
Greenlight is going ok, but we're pretty much the guinea pigs for Greenlight, since THE MORNING AFTER we published our campaign, Steam began requiring accounts spend $5 before being able to vote on Greenlight. (article: here) We went live Thursday, this started Friday. /Facepalm us for not getting to Greenlight sooner, but that means we have no idea if that means it will be easier (with less total votes being the consideration), or harder (since we're going to have less votes than pretty much all other games prior to that day relatively speaking). Hard to say, all we can do is wait.
- Tweaked some timings with melee
- Switched melee to use capsule cats rather than ray casts. What this means is better coverage around the weapon swing, which should improve the feel of melee significantly.
- Rest damage penalty has been increased.
- Fixed bug that was causing a delay before the first tick of AOEs!
- Fixed system messages not properly reporting increased damage while resting.
- New bindings for MouseWheelUp and MouseWheelDown
- Dropping a binding on top of another will now move the old one to unbound, and bind the new one.
- Implemented Steam backend
- Implemented auto-login/account creation via Steam (Just need to get Greenlit now!)
- Implemented character LOD solution which I've been meaning to do for a while, and should further improve performance.
- Fixed bug: footsteps were being played while airborne
- All character textures updated
- Harmony trees greatly thinned out and mostly replaced with 100yo Sequioas.
- New tutorial mini-game Skeleton Horde
- Casting time on Waterburst lowered to 1.5s